Moto G 5G Plus is the new 5G smartphone launched by Motorola. As the name suggests the smartphone is based on the next-generation 5G technology to provide a faster network speed. Along with this, the phone is also packed with a Quad-core camera to capture great images during the day as well as night with night mode.
Although the device’s stock camera captures decent images, but if you are a photography lover and want to capture even more beautiful and sharp images with details then you should install Google Camera for Moto G 5G Plus.
Google Camera popularly known as GCam is one of the best camera applications by the tech giant Google. This app came with a far better camera algorithm than a stock camera which enhances the camera quality by tweaking the camera setting.
Moto G 5G Plus GCam APK Features
The Google Camera or Gcam APK uses the Camera 2 API to capture the images and process them with Google’s algorithm to produce high-quality, sharp, and detailed images. The Gcam also allows you to capture great images even in night mode or low light mode.
Here are some of the features of Gcam for Moto G 5G Plus:
- HDR+: HDR+ uses computational photography techniques to achieve a higher dynamic range by combining multiple different images into one and producing an original photo with more details.
- Portrait Mode: Portrait mode is very common nowadays and comes in almost every smartphone. But with the help of Google Camera, you can click awesome portraits with advanced edge detection technology and natural blur.
- Astrophotography Mode: It allows you to capture great pictures at the night at a far distance in a sky full of stars and planets. Helps you to do tasks related to astrology.
- Video Stabilization: Fused Video Stabilization, a technique that combines Optical Image Stabilization and Electronic/Digital image stabilization, can be enabled for significantly smoother video.
- Slow Motion: Slow-motion videos can be captured at 120 frames per second and for some devices, they can go beyond 240 frames per second.
- Google Lens: The camera offers Google Lens functionality that helps you to copy text from the camera, identify images, plants, and animals, and also allows you to capture QR and barcodes from the products and search them on Google.
- Night Sight: Night Sight uses modified HDR+ or Super Res Zoom algorithms to produce a high-quality image with great exposure.
Download Google Camera for Moto G 5G Plus
Google Camera is officially available for the Google Pixel device but thanks to some developers like Wichaya that make Google Camera possible for the Moto G 5G Plus. Since the latest moto device comes with the support of Camera 2 API that means now you can download and install Gcam on Moto G 5G Plus without messing with the root access.
All you need is to download Gcam for Moto G 5G Plus from the link below and install it like a normal apk file and make some setting tweaks to make a successful run. Here are the download links.
|Gcam Version||Download Link||XML Config File|
|NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 By Nikita||Download||Download|
|Gcam v8.3 By BSG||Download|
|Gcam v8.3 By Arnova8G2||Download|
|Gcam v8.3 By al_ro||Download|
|Google Camera 8.4 For All Android Devices||Download|
Note: Before downloading the google camera you must check for the Camera 2 API support on your phone and also your device should be running on at least android 7.0. You can check compatibility using the Camera 2 API Probe APP if it shows “LIMITED”, “FULL” or “LEVEL 3” then you have Camera 2 API Enabled.
However, if it shows “LEGACY” then you need to give it root access, and then you can enable Camera 2 API on your device.
How to Install Google Camera 8.4 on Moto G 5G Plus (Best Gcam)
If your device has camera 2 API enabled then you can follow the below steps to install Google camera on your device.
- First of all Download the Google Camera APK file from the above link.
- After downloading, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Come back to the file and open it. Now click next multiple times to proceed with the installation.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any are needed.
- That’s it. You have successfully installed the Google Camera on Moto g 5G Plus.
But if your device does not have Camera 2 API enabled then you need to root your device first. You can follow this article to root an android device with a single click. Once done than enable the Camera 2 API and grant root access to the app.
Best GCam Setting for Moto G 5G Plus
If you want to capture a stunning image on your phone then you have to make all your camera settings perfect. To do this simply open the Google Camera and simply head over to more options and change the following setting to get the maximum benefit from google camera.
- Open the Google Camera app > Settings > Advanced > Auxiliary Camera > Toggle Show Buttons > Enable Wide angle option
- Head over to the settings > enable Ultra high-resolution video (4K)
- Go to Settings > enable 4K TimeLapse
- Change the interface style to pixel 2, Change Configuration to PIXEL2018 ZSLR HDR+
- Go back and Enable Google Photos and disable zoon, Enable HDR+
- Now, Open Saturation and set Highlight Saturation to 1.8, and Set Shadow Saturation to 2.4.
- That is it, Restart the application again.
How to Fix GCam on Moto G 5G Plus using XML Settings
If you encountered an error while opening the Gcam on Moto G 5g Plus or have a problem in capturing and processing the image then follow the below guide to fix the Gcam.
One of the easiest ways to fix this issue is to download the XML config file and configure it. You can do this by simply moving the file of GCAm to Configs7 Folder. In case there is not any folder with simply create the “Config7” inside the “GCam” folder, Now move the Config file there.
Now, Simply open the Google Camera and double tab the shutter button, and then the dropdown menu appears. That is it, Simply then choose the XML Config file and move to the config7 folder.
How to Enable Astrophotography Mode on Moto G 5G Plus Using Gcam
Astrophotography mode is enabled by default on Gcam but if it’s not then you need to manually enable it by going to the setting of the application. Follow the below steps to enable astrophotography mode on Gcam using Moto G 5G Plus.
- Open the Gcam app and swipe down to the Viewfinder.
- Once done click on the setting icon and tap on about. Here you will find the Advanced Setting of the Google Camera.
- Simply search for “Cuttle” and then Switch on the option except “Camera_Cuttle_Avergage_Frames” and “camera_cuttle_Sky_Segmention_gpu”.
- That is it, Head back and enable to NightSight mode there you have the option to use Astrophotography mode.
If you have followed all the steps above I am sure you will successfully install the google camera on Moto G 5G Plus. And to capture stunning images always clean your camera lens and tweaks the settings like brightness, sharpness, and focus, and then click. But if you have encountered an error while installing gcam on Moto G 5G Plus drop a comment and we will look over it.