Do you want to download the minimal adb and fastboot tool for Windows? If yes, then you are at the right place. ADB and Fastboot are the tools that let you communicate with your Android device. With the help of this, you can flash custom ROM, unlock the bootloader, root Android device, and much more.
But installing these tools will require you to install the complete Android SDK, which is huge. Instead, you can use the minimal adb and fastboot tools. It’s a lightweight tool, around 2 MB, and does not require much installation.
This article covers how to download minimal adb and fastboot tool on a Windows PC. It will also list its features and a step-by-step installation guide.
What is Minimal ADB and Fastboot?
Minimal ADB and Fastboot is a tool that allows you to install the latest version of ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC without installing the complete Android SDK. This means there is no need to download the complete Android SDK package. The tool only downloads the latest version of adb and fastboot.
ADB is used for various tasks such as installing and debugging apps, accessing device shells, and more. At the same time, the Fastboot is used for writing data directly to your phone’s flash memory. It’s often used for flashing firmware, bootloaders, and other low-level device partitions.
By downloading only the necessary file, the tool reduces the file size by more than 100 MB. Apart from this, it also makes the installation part quick and simple. You can use the tool to do almost every task with adb commands.
Features of Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
Minimal ADB and Fastboot is a simple and lightweight tool, but it offers many features and advantages over the complete Android SDK. Here are some of the main features of Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool:
- Lightweight & Portable: At just 2 MB, it’s significantly smaller than the full Android SDK, saving space and resources on your computer. It’s portable, allowing use from any location, including USB drives.
- Easy Installation: Unlike the complex setup of the full Android SDK, the tool is easy to install. It automatically installs the latest ADB and Fastboot versions and offers system-wide and local installation options.
- Supports All Windows Versions: It is compatible with all Windows versions from Windows XP to Windows 11. It adapts to the system’s architecture, ensuring smooth operation without compatibility concerns.
- Versatility: The tool allows you to perform various tasks, such as flashing custom ROMs, unlocking the bootloader, and rooting Android devices.
Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool (All Versions)
You can download the latest version of Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool from the links below. I have also included the older version in case you need that.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot v1.4.3.zip (Latest)
How to Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows
Before installing Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC, make sure that you have:
- A Windows PC running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported).
- A USB cable to connect your Android device to your PC.
- USB Debugging enabled on your Android device.
To install Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool from the above links.
- Double-click the downloaded
.exefile to start the installation process.
- The Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup wizard should open on your PC. Click on ‘Next’ and go through the given information.
- Click on ‘Next’ and choose the location where you want to install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool. By default, it will be installed to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot”.
- Click ‘Next’ until ‘Select Additional Tasks’ shows up. Make sure to check the ‘Create a desktop icon’ box.
- Finally, click ‘Install’ to install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool on your Windows PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click ‘Finish’ to exit the installer window.
Minimal ADB and Fastboot are two of the most indispensable tools for working with Android devices. They act as a bridge, enabling communication with a device to push, modify, debug, and tweak system files easily. You can download the latest version of the tool from above and perform various tasks.
So download the tool from above and use the tool the way you want. If you are looking for a more convenient tool, try 15 seconds adb installer, which lets you install adb and device drivers automatically.