Table of Contents
Google Authenticator – 2FA
The Google Authenticator plugin adds a second layer of security to your login module, which is rather important since the majority of hacking attempts happen with the login.
In addition to your regular password, this plugin either sends a push notification to your phone or some other form of authentication such as using a QR code or asking a security question.
This way, your login becomes far less penetrable since the second layer is most likely something that only you know or have on your person (like your phone).
Best Features of Google Authenticator
- It nearly eliminates the vulnerability that is your login area.
- You can choose which two-factor authentication method is the easiest for you.
- You can select which user types need to go through the authentication process.
- The plugin has a shortcode for using with custom login pages.
The Defender scan tool compares your WordPress install with the directory, reports changes and lets you restore the original file with a click.
They also offer a pro version which includes cloud backups with 10 GB remote storage, audit logs for monitoring changes, automated security scans, and blacklist monitoring.
Their experts will even help you clean up a hacked site.
Best Features of Defender
- Login Screen Masking.
- IP Blacklist manager and logging.
- Unlimited file scans.
- Timed Lockout brute force attack shield for login protection.
- 404 limiter for blocking vulnerability scans.
- IP lockout notifications and reports.
Block Bad Queries (BBQ)
BBQ is also one of the best wordpress security plugin which came with lot of featyures to enhance the word[press security.
Block Bad Queries is a handy WordPress security plugin with a good number of features that increases the protection of your WordPress website. The plugin is super easy to use yet very powerful and fast.
It protects your website against malicious URL requests. BBQ monitors the traffic coming to your website and blocks requests containing stuff like eval(, base64_, and excessively long request-strings.
Best features of Block Bad Queries
- 100% Plug-n-play functionality
- No configuration required (it just works)
- Born of speed and simplicity, no frills
- 100% focused on security and performance
- Blocks a wide range of malicious requests
Security Ninja has been around for over seven years. Starting out as one of the first security plugins sold on CodeCanyon (with four add-ons available) it moved to a freemium model in 2016.
Add-ons were ditched in favor of having just two versions – free and premium.
The main module (which is the only one available for free) performs over 50 security tests ranging from checking files and MySQL permissions to various PHP settings
Best Features of Security Ninja
- The security tester module (available in the free version) performs over 50 security tests across your site.
- Not tech-savvy? No problem, the auto fixer module can resolve any issues detected.
- Scan WordPress core to ensure the integrity of the core files by comparing them to a secure and latest copy from wordpress.org.
- Scan plugins and themes in search for suspicious code and malware.
- Take advantage of a huge list of known bad IPs and automatically block them.
Vaultpress is a WordPress security plugin that provides real-time backup and security scanning service. Designed by Automattic, the plugin is one of the most renowned security plugins right now.
The plugin effectively backs up every post, comment, media file, revision and all the settings on your site to their servers.
Powered by Jetpack, Vaultpress ensures that your website is protected against hackers, malware, damages
Vaultpress is your one-stop solution if you need to backup your website. The plugin creates scheduled backups, that are stored on their servers. The backups are restored in a matter of seconds if there is an attack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I make my website secure?
- Install SSL certificate
- Install WordPress security plugins
- Get a reputable web host
- Update current plugins
- Use a CDN
- Use a password manager
Q. Why WordPress Security is Important?
A secure WordPress website builds trust among your visitors. If they see that you website is secured, they would be much more comfortable in exploring it and sharing their data. Also, a secure website would save you a lot of money and time as it would prevent hacking.
So here my list of best wordpress security plugin is ended up. There are more plugins available but plugin provided above are best bsaed on the users rating and features. SO decide which one to use and secure your site now.