Today I am going to provide you the Best Wordpress Security Plugins which will increase your WordPress security. Securing the WordPress is the most common issue nowadays. Due to Increasing hacking activities, this is the major threat to WordPress users.
Wordprss is the largest blogging platform used my many industries and bloggers. But due to the less security of wordpress it becomes the spot for hackers.
Hacking the wordpress is easy as compared to other blogging platform like Blogger. As there are many tools available on the Internet to which provide the security related details to hackers.
How Hackers Break the Wordpress Security
There are the many ways through which hackers breakdown the security of wordpress. Some of them are using Infected Themea or Plugins.
Most of the themes and plugin available for
Cracked version of themes and plugins are available for free on the internet. But they have the security related problems.
Read More From Us :–
Mostly these nulled versions of plugins and themes are infected with the malware, so when you upload these plugins and themes to your server, your server got affected by this malware.
Hackers provide this type of plugins to user so that they can access all the wordpress data of a particular site.
After uploading this type of plugin hackers has all information about your Wordpress confing file, Database, Admin Password and much more.
How to Increase Security of Wordpress
Increaseing of wordpress security is an easy task. If you really want to increase security of your blog then first you have to stop using cracked or nulled version of plugins and themes.
Instead of using cracked version you can buy themes and plugin from developers, it will cost only for the first time. Buying from developers also provide you the original files and security with support.
So wheneever you think thats something is not working properly you can take the full benifits of support. Along with this always use strong Password for Cpanel, Wp Dashboard, Dabatabase.
There are many plugins available in the market which will help you to increase the security of wordpress. Some of those plugin are listed here.
10 Best Wordpress Security Plugins
Sucuri Security – Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening
The Sucuri Security plugin offers both free and paid versions, yet the majority of websites should be fine with the free plugin. For instance, the website firewall requires you to pay for a Sucuri plan, but not every webmaster feels like they need that type of security.
Free features of Sucuri includes auditing of your site which confirms how its scanning your site and provide a report of it. The paide version contains extra features including every 12 hours scanning.
Best Features of Sucuri Security
- It offers multiple variations of SSL certificates. You do have to pay for these.
provides goodcustomer support through chats and emails.
- Instant Notification of Suspicious activities.
- Blacklist monitoring, Malware Scanning, Security Hardening.
It is the best wordpress security plugins for the begineers as well as experts.This provide you the most out of security to protect your site from malwares, hackrers and spywares.
The wordfence plugin is available free as well as in paid version. For beginners free veriosn is enough to take care of your site.
Best Features of WordFence Security
- The free version is powerful for beginners
- It can be used for multiple wordpress blog
- It has a full firewall suite with tools for country blocking, manual blocking, brute force protection, real-time threat defense, and a web application firewall.
- The scan portion of the plugin fights off malware, real-time threats, and spam..
All In One WP Security & Firewall
This plugin is bundle of free features for wordpress user. This plugins is best in its own way, it provides better security and that also in free.
It has three categories, Basic, Intermediate and Advanced so anyone can use this tool. Advanced user can also use this plugin to incease security of wordpress database and registration.
Best Features of All In One WP Security & Firewall
- Fully Free available.
- The WordPress security plugin has a blacklist tool where you can set certain requirements to block a user.
- You can backup .htaccess and .wp-config files.
- Restore all backed up data easily.
Jetpack is the most familiar tool to wordpress users. It is the most popular plugin used by many peoples. This plugin also came as default in most of the hosting and you setup wordpress for first time.
Major of the tools are included in the jetpack some of them are Spam Protection, CDN , Lazy load effects,Publicize and much more.
Some security tool are also included in jetpack to incease secutity. Spam protection is used to delete all Spam Comments and it also bundle up with tools to protect againts Brutforce attack.
Best Features of Jetpack
- The free plan provides
a greatsecurity to small sites but if you want to use it for bigsite then you have to purchase a pro version.
- The premium plans turn the plugin into more of a suite, with benefits like backups, spam protection, and security scanning.
- Plugin updates are managed entirely through Jetpack.
- Website Downtime
Monitorig(Included in Free Plans Also)
The plugin adds a powerful firewall to your website giving it protection against brute force login attacks while backing up your data. BulletProof security comes with a ton of features. Some of them are:
Best Features of BulletProof Security
- The free version is packed with enough features for the average website.
- The database backups are provided in the free version.
- You can hide individual plugin folders.
- The maintenance mode functionality is not something you would find in most other security plugins.
Google Authenticator – 2FA
The Google Authenticator plugin adds a second layer of security to your login module, which is rather important since the majority of hacking attempts happen with the login.
In addition to your regular password, this plugin either sends a push notification to your phone or some other form of authentication such as using a QR code or asking a security question.
This way, your login becomes far less penetrable since the second layer is most likely something that only you know or have on your person (like your phone).
Best Features of Google Authenticator
- It nearly eliminates the vulnerability that is your login area.
- You can choose which two-factor authentication method is the easiest for you.
- You can select which user types need to go through the authentication process.
- The plugin has a shortcode for using with custom login pages.
The Defender scan tool compares your WordPress install with the directory, reports changes and lets you restore the original file with a click.
They also offer a pro version which includes cloud backups with 10 GB remote storage, audit logs for monitoring changes, automated security scans, and blacklist monitoring.
Their experts will even help you clean up a hacked site.
Best Features of Defender
- Login Screen Masking.
- IP Blacklist manager and logging.
- Unlimited file scans.
- Timed Lockout brute force attack shield for login protection.
- 404 limiter for blocking vulnerability scans.
- IP lockout notifications and reports.
Block Bad Queries (BBQ)
BBQ is also one of the best wordpress security plugin which came with lot of featyures to enhance the word[press security.
Block Bad Queries is a handy WordPress security plugin with a good number of features that increases the protection of your WordPress website. The plugin is super easy to use yet very powerful and fast.
It protects your website against malicious URL requests. BBQ monitors the traffic coming to your website and blocks requests containing stuff like eval(, base64_, and excessively long request-strings.
Best features of Block Bad Queries
- 100% Plug-n-play functionality
- No configuration required (it just works)
- Born of speed and simplicity, no frills
- 100% focused on security and performance
- Blocks a wide range of malicious requests
Security Ninja has been around for over seven years. Starting out as one of the first security plugins sold on CodeCanyon (with four add-ons available) it moved to a freemium model in 2016.
Add-ons were ditched in favor of having just two versions – free and premium.
The main module (which is the only one available for free) performs over 50 security tests ranging from checking files and MySQL permissions to various PHP settings
Best Features of Security Ninja
- The security tester module (available in the free version) performs over 50 security tests across your site.
- Not tech-savvy? No problem, the auto fixer module can resolve any issues detected.
- Scan WordPress core to ensure the integrity of the core files by comparing them to a secure and latest copy from wordpress.org.
- Scan plugins and themes in search for suspicious code and malware.
- Take advantage of a huge list of known bad IPs and automatically block them.
Vaultpress is a WordPress security plugin that provides real-time backup and security scanning service. Designed by Automattic, the plugin is one of the most renowned security plugins right now.
The plugin effectively backs up every post, comment, media file, revision and all the settings on your site to their servers.
Powered by Jetpack, Vaultpress ensures that your website is protected against hackers, malware, damages
Vaultpress is your one-stop solution if you need to backup your website. The plugin creates scheduled backups, that are stored on their servers. The backups are restored in a matter of seconds if there is an attack.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Install SSL certificate
- Install WordPress security plugins
- Get a reputable web host
- Update current plugins
- Use a CDN
- Use a password manager
A secure WordPress website builds trust among your visitors. If they see that you website is secured, they would be much more comfortable in exploring it and sharing their data. Also, a secure website would save you a lot of money and time as it would prevent hacking.
So here my list of best wordpress security plugin is ended up. There are more plugins available but plugin provided above are best bsaed on the users rating and features. SO decide which one to use and secure your site now.